Pages

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
[Release] Carmageddon 1 mod - All cars & Levels
#1 Submitted: Sat, 10/02/2018 - 11:13

Get it here:
http://www.carmatools.com/downloads/mods/Carmageddon_1_v1.mingeBag.zip

Just drop the MingeBag into Minge and install it.

Features:

• All environments
  • All races in said environments
  • All powerups correctly placed
  • All accessories correctly placed*
  • All Routes correct*
  • Peds*
  • Minimaps*
  • C1 APC and C1 Suppressor placed correctly
  • Checkpoints
  • All Cars updated to work with C:MD**

CityA Specific Features:

• Remade the majority of the geometry to be less janky and better support spawning pedestrians
  • Converted a lot of level geometry into Accessories (e.g. signs, video walls, ramps, goal posts etc.)
  • Adjusted ped spawns to better support spwning
  • Fixed the race routes to show correctly on the minimap
  • Added in a proper sky which you can't see for an unknown reason
  • Created 3 different environment configurations to approximate those used in the races in the original game
  • Added lights to lamps, checkpoints & crossing signs
  • Fixed up most of the accessories to behave better.

When I went back to it during the week I had forgotten what a state I'd left CityA in, it was missing half the accessories I was creating for it as I hadn't got around to actually creating them yet, I had just taken the geometry out of the level. So it took a bit longer than I initially thought to put together the pack. Doing so, however, has led to some improvements to my MaxScripts along the way. One major issue I had was a serious collision bug with the ramps I was creating, which turned out to be related to my scripts not generating the bounding sphere or bounding box of MDLs correctly (the box wasn't being converted into C:MD coordinates correctly, and the sphere radius was being calculated as half the length between the box's min/max points, which was incorrect for MDLs which did not have their origin at the mesh's exact centre.). I also did fixes on the accessory placement script exporting (now supports scale correctly, won't turn accessories inside out and thus break their collisions) and improved the routes editing, though most of these tools aren't hooked into the UI yet so can't be used without calling their functions from the console.

Anyway, it's here! You might notice some big red * marks in the features list and here's why:

Level Notes

* Only CityA (which is Maim Street, Slaughter City and Wallstreet Crash) is what I'd call "almost complete", it still needs some tweaks but it's all there and working. The rest of the levels are extremely unfinished. They all should work and be playable however they the following known issues:
Minimap paths are mostly all broken. The race routes work but the don't show correctly on minimaps due to differences between old carma and nucarma's route makeup
No environment configurations, they're just generic
Peds are placed but don't spawn properly so you get very few peds in the levels
Accessories are all placed but aren't certain to work properly, they may have collision issues and don't have any updates like the lights on the lamps in CityA
The textures possibly need reconverting to TDX using the new flags I introduced in GibbedTools recently to stop them looking washed out

** On the cars front, I updated them all to work with C:MD, reconverted the textures and such, but they don't make use of any C:MD features properly. They don't have the internal cam set up, Suppressor doesn't use the proper 6 wheel setup, it's faked, etc. They all should work and be fun they just need some further updates.

So there you go, go have fun!

hazardic's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 10/02/2018 - 11:44

wow - thank you Trent! i wasn't expecting it so soon buut - i'm not disappointed!=) Appreciate your income, i missed all these simple levels

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 10/02/2018 - 13:20

Great first release!

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 10/02/2018 - 15:40

Thanks Trent !

EDIT It Crashed GOG CMD every time I am waiting for the maps to start. What have I screwed up now ?

EDIT EDIT Loaded the first City map by itself . seemed to have fixed it. Will test each on individually felt weird when first seeing these pedestrians and then running them over in 3d.

Edited by: starbuck on Sat, 10/02/2018 - 17:00

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sat, 10/02/2018 - 16:10

Thank you so much for this !

Rigor's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 10/02/2018 - 16:57

Toshiba-3 wrote:

Great first release!

Thanks Trent.

Looks likes a fakeass bullshot from 2000 eras of Carmageddon :D

hazardic's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 10/02/2018 - 17:06

@Trent btw it would be great to have an option to swap c1 apc and supressor to the vanilla one (CMD) and from Alex. is it even possible?

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sat, 10/02/2018 - 18:17

hazardic wrote:
@Trent btw it would be great to have an option to swap c1 apc and supressor to the vanilla one (CMD) and from Alex. is it even possible?

Cop spawns are defined as accessories in the level.lol, the only way to swap them is to have multiple versions of each race with the spawn accessory set to the different cop cars for each race, which is a bit silly.

The game does have a mechanism for swapping cop cars based on the difficulty (e.g. swap APC for CUNT on easy) but the script which controls that is part of the main game scripts so they cant be changed without tripping the anti-tamper shit and it is only for different difficulty settings.

@starbuck: you didnt disable the C1 APC by any chance? The game will crash if the C1 APC (and Suppressor in the case of Blood On The Rooftops) is not active in Carmodgeddon. They should be set as required for the levels in their minge file and it should set them as active by default. If it doesnt then you need to activate them.

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sun, 11/02/2018 - 01:02

Trent wrote:
hazardic wrote:

Cop spawns are defined as accessories in the level.lol, the only way to swap them is to have multiple versions of each race with the spawn accessory set to the different cop cars for each race, which is a bit silly.

The game does have a mechanism for swapping cop cars based on the difficulty (e.g. swap APC for CUNT on easy) but the script which controls that is part of the main game scripts so they cant be changed without tripping the anti-tamper shit and it is only for different difficulty settings.

@starbuck: you didnt disable the C1 APC by any chance? The game will crash if the C1 APC (and Suppressor in the case of Blood On The Rooftops) is not active in Carmodgeddon. They should be set as required for the levels in their minge file and it should set them as active by default. If it doesnt then you need to activate them.

I went over to that TAB in Minge and they were not checked the first time, and then once they were checked the first race started. That might have been it. Have mostly been doing the first race over and over all day. Its fun seeing it in 3D with the peds now but how odd that it looks like they are 2D still you hit them.

EDIT I did notice one minor thing in Bleak City A (dont know about the others) The Eagle and the Volkswagon Car with the spikes seem to ride about 6 inches to a foot under the pavement.

I made a new edited thread with 90 percent working maps . Trent if in the rare chance you want to DL them (I know you have dial up) and check out the broken ones, go ahead I am not asking you to check them though I can track it down slowly . I cant remember which ones I fall thru through, My mind is going hence why I am no longer even trying to help.

Thanks again for all you do, you are helping keep this game alive.

Edited by: starbuck on Sun, 11/02/2018 - 07:21

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

hazardic's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 11/02/2018 - 10:51

Trent wrote:
hazardic wrote:

thanks for explanation! so am i correct, if say thet swapping name = "C1APC" & name = "C1Suppressor" in level.lol to the vanilla APC & Alex's Supp accordingly will do the job right?

flykas's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sun, 11/02/2018 - 13:45

Hey. Thank you very much sir. Great to see mods of CMD. I'll definitely try it today.

Pages

randomness